Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 26 July 2012

Ramadhan Experience

Hi everyone! Happy Ramadhan to all Muslims out there. Everyone have their own stories and memories about their naughty behaviors while fasting during childhood. Me too. I would like to share my own experience.

I love fasting month so much. For me, Ramadhan is the best month because we could simply find delicious food everywhere at Ramadhan Bazaar. I love eating so much. When I was a child, my parent always bring me to the Bazaar to buy my favourite food. My favourite food is 'Murtabak'. Every evening, after I took my bath, they will bring me out to make me happy and not waiting for the Iftar time. Besides that, as we are living in Malaysia; the country with many races and religions, I love Ramadhan because I will meet my friends that come from different religions went to the Bazaar also. Everyone will going to bazaar to get the food they crave for, just like me.

Besides that, in my childhood time, I will try to complete my fasting because my parents will give me some rewards if I complete my fasting. I can choose whether I want pocket money or toys that I want it so much. every year I will wait the Ramadhan month because I will get whatever I want. For me, this is a way that my parent used to teach me fasting at the early age. For your information, I started to learn fasting since my age is 7 years. It is not a fault to a parent to give their child rewards if their child complete the fasting. But, when I was 10 years old , my parent stop rewarding me because I already grown up. 

I still remember, when I was a child, I like to play the firecracker. I know it is too dangerous but I still play it until my dad knew about it. I was angered by my dad because of that. He worried if the firecracker explode when it is still in my hand.

I have a very funny experience. Everytime I looked at the Almond London biscuits, I will remembered my fasting experience. At that time, I still in learning mode. One day, my mom baked the Almond London biscuits for the 'Hari Raya' preparation. I couldn't withstand my hunger and desire because of the smell. I can't looked at the biscuits because I really want to eat it. So, I secretly ate the biscuits when my mom sleep. I ate too much until my mom found that quarter of the biscuits had been eaten by me. I had been scolded by my mom and she would not giving me the rewards for a week as a fine to my bad behavior. Everytime I remember that story, I will smile. That is how I learned from my mistake. Finally, in the next subsequent years, I didn't skip from fasting anymore.

This is all about my own experience. Thank you for reading this entry.

1 comment:

  1. lol nice blog there mate!

    I also love Ramadhan and the delicious feast :P I also love martabak and my parents also used to give me rewards for fasting all day long. I live in Indonesia and lol, I can't believe they're doing it too in Malaysia xD I started fasting since I was a kindergartner, and I reckon I was 3 at that time. I hardly ever feel famished so I can always survive the day without eating.. well except breakfast. It's a must. And that's what sahoor is for.

    Good news.
    Ramadhan is coming in 17 days!

    ReplyDelete