Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday 9 September 2012

My Hari Raya Edition



Hi everybody! Today I am going to share my Hari Raya story. I think it is just the same like yours. This year I celebrate my first day of Raya at my mother’s hometown. It is situated in Gelang Patah, Johor. Actually, my home is not so far from my grandmother’s house. So, for the first day of Raya menu are Rendang, Ketupat, Kuah Lodeh, Lemang, Kari Ayam and many more. But, this year is different from the previous year. My mother has cooked Nasi Briyani for our first Raya menu. Everyone in my house are enjoyed my mother’s foods.

As the eldest brother among my siblings, I am responsible to send all the food to my relative’s house. In the early morning I finished in sending the food. Next, I went to mosque for Solat Sunat Hari Raya. I love to see people in complete Baju Melayu together with the Samping. The scene is like a rainbow. People are wearing colourful Baju Melayu and Baju Kurung in the mosque. Many people are gathered together to perform the prayer.

After back from the prayer, we are gathered in the living room to greet everybody “Happy Eid Mubarak” and also to ask for forgiveness for all the wrong doings. This is the moment where most of my family members will cry because everyone is touched. After finished greeting all of them, it is the time for a student like me to receive “Duit Raya”. What a wonderful day. After I finished my study and have a career, I will not receive it anymore as I am the one who giving the children ‘Duit Raya”.

Another must do activity is visiting my relatives. Since my mother’s family is big, we are convoy about 5 to 6 cars to go to their houses. It is so happy to be in a big family. It is so joyous. Not forgotten, we also visit our relatives that have passed away. We are missing them so much.

Next activity is family portrait! We are enjoyed in snapping picture all day long. Everyone is excited to show the pictures in their social network like Facebook, Twitter and also Blog.

Besides all of these, Hari Raya celebration cannot be separated with the Open House. Open house is inviting all relatives, officemates, schoolmates and friends to come to the house. Besides eating the cookies, there will be a special dish on that day. Everyone love to go to Open House invitation including me.

That’s all I can share with you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment